Inspired by this, I decided to take a look at my own notebook.
Like most writers/artists/people with lots of ideas, I have a notebook. Not a sketchbook, for that is far too limiting. Not a writer’s notebook, specifically, as that implies that no sketching is allowed. It’s not a journal (too many rules), it doesn’t have a designated theme or purpose. There is only one rule: I can use it for whatever I want.
And so, for those of you who don’t have a notebook and think you might be missing out, I give you a random sampling of what is in my notebook. And then I leave you to judge whether or not you actually need one of these, or if it’s just for crazy people.
– “Laughter is the shortest distance between two people” – Victor Borge. Makes me think of Matt.
– An pencil drawing of a box of marshmallow peeps.
– This American Life story ideas (this page is blank)
– Bershert = the yiddish word for destiny. Good to know.
– My friend Ashley’s address in The Gambia
– A page entitled “Mustache Ideas”
– A post-it note that says “Science Team”
– “There is so much beauty in an adventuresome spirit.” – The Mister
– “He was the man who cried Match. How was I supposed to know he wasn’t faking it?”
– A page entitled Good First Sentences. This page is also blank.