1. I love my new job. Like, LOVE love it. I’m all hopped up on creativity and drama, and I know I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be now. THE AGENCY can suck it.
2. I love attending board meetings with people who are theater nerds at heart. They can sing and dance and project real loud, but they cannot run a board meeting to save their lives. Luckily for them, I can. It’s such a clusterfuck, and it cracks me up.
3. My new house is pretty dang swell. I have a big blue room, some crown molding and hardwood flooring, and a transom of my very own. Rocks.
4. My roommate B took me on a Mission Vacation this week! Crazy club, great jazz, and a driving tour of B’s life were on the agenda. It’s just a Wednesday night in the city, and I love it all.
5. I cut off all my hair, and now I have a jaunty ponytail! There is something about a jaunty pony that takes off about twenty years. Why did it take me so long to remember that?
6. A man’s social security card ended up in my shoe on the bus this week. I have no idea how it got there, but when he said “Excuse me miss, but I think my social security card is in your shoe,” he was right. I think he is David Copperfield the Magician in disguise. And now poor Anthony Fujita/David in disguise’s important paperwork now has my toe prints on it.
7. I’m going on a trail run tomorrow, and then I’m going to yoga. I go to yoga almost every day now, on account of how I work 9:00 – 5:00, just like Dolly said. Have I mentioned my new job is swell?
8. I’m meeting Olympia Dukakis next month. That is definitely going to trump my current brush with celebrity to date: a cameo on Blinky’s Fun Club, circa 1989, for my fifth birthday.